| They asked for "fancy ponytails". |
Another day that week, we had lunch at Fancy Nancy's favorite restaurant, The Kings Crown (better known to most people as Burger King). Then we came home and made our own parfaits (just like in the book).
We read Oh La La Beauty Day and turned our clubhouse into a beauty spa like Fancy Nancy did. The girls did my hair, nails, and makeup. Then they did their own. I should have taken a picture of my nails. Kylee gave me purple nails with pink tips. She did really good job!
Friday Kylee got to have an almost sleepover at her best friend's house. She did all sorts of fun, fancy stuff while she was there and got to stay up WAY past her usual bedtime. When she got home, we read Fancy Nancy and the Late Late Night.
![]() |
| Hair and Body Art! I stole these pics from Miss Sharon's facebook page. :) |
![]() |
| Princess pajama party! The girls decorated tiaras. |
![]() |
| making pinkalicous, pinkie pie cupcakes |
![]() |
| adding sparkle |
The next day we watched National Velvet (the movie Mrs. Davine taped for Nancy). We read a few other books with fancy characters, like Pinkalicous and The Very Fairy Princess and also read some with not so fancy characters (the weekly theme is more of a suggestion than a limitation).
Kylee has been asking for homework (the characters is some of her books do homework). So, I got her a Summer Fit workbook, and we started that this week as well. Those that know me well know that I am NOT usually a big fan of worksheets, but I actually don't hate this book. It is designed specifically for kids to do during the summer between pre-k and kindergarten. It is broken down into weeks with 1 page to do each weekday. The activities are easy and only take about 2 minutes to do. Kylee really enjoys it! It's a nice review, and being able to do the activities on her own has given her some confidence. Makenna INSISTED that since Kylee had a book to practice for kindergarten, she needed one for "[her] Jodi's class". I found a preschool workbook with some coloring activities and things like identifying rhymes and circling things that either do or do not belong. She LOVES it! She would do the whole thing in one sitting if I'd let her. I've been surprised with how much she really, REALLY loves it and also with how well she is able to identify rhyming words.





No comments:
Post a Comment