Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mad Scientist Party

Every year we have a pumpkin party and let the kids paint pumpkins. I asked Kylee if she wanted to have a princess party and paint pumpkins to look like carriages. Her reply was "No. I want to have a body part party and play with braaaiiiiiins!" Her ideas are always so much better than mine! 
 

 I turned our living room into the medical library/research lab. There were anatomy books and posters for the kids to look at and microscopes, blood slides, specimen jars, and interactive models for them to explore.


 Each little scientist got a lab coat (over sized t-shirt cut down the middle) and a pair of glasses.


 
Our dining room was the anatomy lab.  I put fake blood, rubber body parts, and syringes in the water table. The kids LOVED it! We ended up with a few blood stains on the wall, but it came off pretty easily.
 






The dining table was filled with body & mad scientist themed food.


I used at tarp and a black light to turn our garage into a "radiation lab". I set out test tubes filled with glowing potion (vinegar), flasks with chemical powder (baking soda) in them, and tubs of glowing snakes, skeletons and slime and let the kids go to town. Before entering the lab, the scientists attended a safety briefing (for dramatic effect) and were give gloves and goggles to wear.

 
 














 
After they were finished in the lab, we headed outside where the kids picked out pumpkins and transformed them into monsters.





Last on the agenda was snack time followed by a slumber party with Charli. She and her mom came all the way from Talequah (about 3 hours away) to be at the party.



No comments:

Post a Comment