Saturday, December 24, 2011

Advent Week 4: Love

Sunday: We added the last candle (symbolizing love) to our Advent wreath. We sung Jesus Loves Me. Then we talked about things we love, people we love, and ways to show people we love them.

Monday: We talked about the bible verse that Kylee's class learned for their Christmas program. "Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves had been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7
Then we watched the Veggie Tales'  The Star of Christmas.

Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas

Tuesday:We made sparkling heart ornaments for the people we love. We also made a few gold stars and silver tiaras while we were at it.









Wednesday: Wednesday was all about loving yourself, loving others, and celebrating diversity. We talked about the fact that God loves everyone and made person special in their own way. We sung Jesus Loves the Little Children and watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (claymation version, of course) and Veggietales The Princess and the Popstar. We also had a play date with a friend that we love.

Product DetailsProduct Details

Thursday:  Today we read I'll Love You Forever (one my all time favorites), I Love You Through and Through, and a few other books about love.

Product Details

Friday: Friday was another fail on my part. The goal was to show love to others that might have to be away from their family/loved ones on Christmas. The plan was to pass out Christmas cards at a nursing home with our friends, Trish and Liam, and to drop off small gifts for the children in the hospital. Unfortunately, even after leaving several messages of the course of a couple weeks, Trish never heard back from them. Lesson learned. Next year I will start that process earlier, and if I don't hear back from them within a week or 2, will try another home. Although I'm really disappointed in myself about this and the Angel Tree, I'm trying not to get too frustrated but instead look at is a learning experience. Next Advent, I WILL be better organized/prepared. I already have a few other ideas for next year as well. Anyways, since we couldn't bring love and cheer to people away from their families, we did something for dogs away from their loved ones. The girls brought treats to the dogs at the kennel. It was a lot of fun! We will definitely include the dogs in our plans again next year.









1 comment:

  1. How is it that Mak looks (and seems to act) a full year older than Katie does? I LOVE this week on your advent (and expect you to send me your written out game plan including your notes on what to change the next year, cause I know you have one). I LOVE this outfit on Mak... no matter what we have, you just have to do it one step better huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete