Last week we beat the heat with a snow day! We mixed up a couple gallons of Instasnow (a fun experiment in itself) and put in the freezer for a few hours to get extra cold while we played at Nations of Fun with our friends. When we got home, we took it out to the girls' sand table and had a blast!
We cooled down some more with snowcones. Yum!
When we came inside Kylee and I made a snowman out of cotton clay (recipe from The Ultimate Book of Kid Koncoctions). Then we read Snowmen at Night, Snowmen All Year, and 2 books entitled Snow. Kylee was a big fan of the snowmen books (but not so much the other 2).
WTH is insta snow? I want some! and where the heck did you get snow cones?? I get it... wait until we're gone to do all the fun stuff ;)
ReplyDelete