Sand
We played in the sandbox and made sand bottle art. Kylee and I also started to read a Jump Into Science book about sand but both agreed it was boring. So, we didn't finish.
Sea
We read Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea and I Saw the Sea. The girls danced to Under the Sea, and Kylee used paint stampers and scratchy paint (tempra paint with salt and a tiny bit of starch) to make scratchy paintings of sea stars and seahorses.
Silver Sparkles
Our friend Grace was awesome enough to let us have a Silverlicious sparkle party at her house. We painted the girls' fingernails with silver sparkles and covered their cheeks and arms with silver sparkle body glitter. Then we served cupcakes with pink sparkles and silver stars. At home Kylee and I read Silverlicious and Princess Sparkle. Then she covered an 'S' with sparkles.
Smell
We read Smelly Socks . Then the girls painted with smelly paint (kool-aid).
We also played with silly string. We were going to do some string art as well, but I wasn't feeling well the last part of June/first part of July. So, we didn't make to all of our activities.
cute :) I bet they loved being covered in sparkles!
ReplyDelete