Thursday, July 7, 2011

Perfectly Unplanned Day

 Last Tuesday we didn't have any plans. On a whim, I packed a picnic and loaded the girls in the car. I wasn't sure where we were going when we left, but after a quick pit stop at The Crossing, we ended up at the park near Pecan Grove. Last time I was there, the playground was pretty run down, but I figured at least it would be a nice shaded area to eat even if the girls couldn't play on the equipment. To my surprise, not only was the park completely empty, but the playground had been completely redone! :) We had a blast!

                        














When we got home, Kylee asked to listen to the 3 Little Pigs rap. I would go anything to go back in time and have a video recorder ready. As Kylee rapped along (and did a darn good job), Makenna busted out her best dance moves. It was awesome!
That evening my mom picked Kylee up and took her to get a birthday present for me. Kylee was so excited to give it to me that as soon as she finished coloring my card, she made grandma bring her right home (despite Grandma's best efforts to get her to stay for dinner). Kylee got me makeup. I knew she was going to, because she had been telling me she was going to for a month. She did surprisingly well picking it out. ALL on her own she picked out powder, mascara, eye shadow, and liquid lip color. Its actually all stuff I can wear and makes a pretty good little set. The fact that she can pick that out at 3 makes me a little worried. She also got me a Sid The Science Kid sing along dvd. It was a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate your picnic basket! Is this the day that baby went missing?? (love the dresses) :)

    ReplyDelete