I just realized I haven't done any baby book type posts in quite awhile. So, here is an update on Makenna's ever growing lexicon.
Words she consistently says on her own:
mom/mama
dad
bugbug (referring to Kylee)
bal (ball)
Bye (drawn out with a twang)
hi
baby
bir (bird)
baa (bath)
book (she leaves off the 'k')
bed (leaves off the 'd')
pop (Popsicle)
pic (pickle)
cheese (said both for an actual piece of cheese and when she sees a camera)
shoez (shoes)
There it is! (said all as one word and with a 'd' for the 'th')
bubble (She LOVES the Bubble Guppy theme song)
per (diaper)
Dog
keyz
mamamal (grandma)
no
poop
Words she says occasionally or says with prompts:
buttonbutton (belly button)
Kylee
Gace (Gracie...our dog)
Damsel (Aunt Michelle's dog)
eye
Things she signs:
eat
all done
more
milk
soap (she uses the sign for bath)
spider (when she wants me to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider")
She also does the "I don't know" shrug both to ask where something is and to say that she doesn't know where something is (like if I ask where her cup went). She acts like she's washing her hands to request sanitizer.
Now that I listed all of her words (that I can think of at least), it seems like more than I realized. Receptively, her vocabulary is larger. She is a very good listener and follows directions pretty well. She can point to her nose, belly button, and diaper/booty. She can also point to and say "eye" but doesn't do so as consistently as the others.
Go Makenna! Kate's got no where near this many words!
ReplyDelete