Teusday at dance one of the other moms asked me how old Makenna is. It wasn't until I said "almost 18 months" that I realized "almost" was tomorrow (this past Wednesday). Where in the world does time go? and why does it have to go so fast?
She is getting so big! Not only is she 18 months old, but she is wearing size 18 months. I think this is the first time either of my girls have ever worn the size that matches their age. She just started wearing size 4 (and sometimes even 5) shoes, which she can sometimes even put on by herself! She is saying more words every day but still rarely puts 2 words together. She can point to her head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, teeth, belly button, toes, and knees and, with the exceptions of ears and knees, can also name them. Please excuse the bare legs and milk chin above. I was in the middle of changing her diaper when Jordon rang the doorbell and asked for us to come outside and play.
Speaking of diapers, Makenna has started telling me when she needs to be changed. I haven't started potty training yet (nor do I plan to anytime soon), but she has started showing a lot of interest in the potty. She doesn't understand how to "use" it just yet, but she INSISTS on going through the motions (sit, wipe, flush, wash hands). She even puts panties on (over her diaper) all by herself (usually inside out and upside down) and pulls them down when she gets to the potty.


No comments:
Post a Comment