Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day at the Zoo

I spent Valentine's day with the two people I love most at one of the places we love the most. After Makenna's check up with the ENT in Oklahoma City, we went to the zoo (for free!). We only had a couple hours to spend there before it closed, but we had a great time. As much as Kylee loved the animals, I think her favorite part was playing on the lion statues. They are usually either too hot to touch or swarming with kids. Today she had them all to herself. She made sure she rode each and every one.
Makenna loved the animals! She pointed to them all. She went crazy for the wolf and grandma and I both could swear she exclaimed "dog" when it walked past. She desperately wanted to pet it and the cougar. Her favorite seemed to be the otters. She loved watching them playfully swim back and forth.
When we got home the living room was clean and there was a rose, a fancy bottle of grape juice, and a box of chocolates on the table. Robert had been busy while we were gone. :) The girls cuddled with Robert while I made dinner. Then we all shared the grape juice and ate together as a family. It was a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment