Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Post Surgery Update

Bug has been home for 2 days now and is doing great.....almost too great. Her pain level is 0 and her energy level is about 100%. She's ready to play chase, practice ballet, and do cartwheels. I'd like to burrito her up in bubble wrap and tie her to the bed. The "happy middle" has been a little stressful for us both. She's been bouncing off the walls today, and I've been trying not to scold her too harshly for being overly hyper/rough while I breathe through the panic/heart attacks she's giving me. If it were not for the bruises and band aids on her arms and the bandage on her neck, I'm sure no one would believe she had surgery this week.

I forgot to mention before that, prior to surgery, her blood work showed high levels of thyroid hormone. The ORL called today with the pathology report. He said that her thyroid was a little lumpy and had a high # of cells in some spots but that there were no signs of cancer.


Kylee told Dr. Digoy that she wanted to see her thyroid. So, he sent a picture to my phone. :)

 
The endocrinologist called today too with the results from Friday's blood test. She said that her calcium levels were in the low-normal range (8.5) and advised us to continue her meds every 6 hours. They will check her calcium levels again when we go for our follow up appointment next Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment