Sunday, July 14, 2013

Independence Day

Family + Friends + Food + Fireworks = Fun on the Fourth! I've always hated this holiday (stupid people + alcohol + explosives = terrifying combo), but it's starting to grow on me. In fact, I kind of like it....maybe even love it, a little....maybe. I wasn't feeling very festive this year and did very little (and by little I mean pretty much zero) planning. Fortunately, other people did, and thanks to them, we had blast! My mom (Grammy) bought the girls dresses, invited us over for a cook-out, and made a cake for the girls to decorate. She even decked out her dining room with cute patriotic decor.


The girls' flag cake!

In the 60 seconds it took me to load the lawn chairs in the car, Bug found a baby bird. She walked up behind me excitedly saying "look Mom! A real live bird!"


Later we went to Heather's house. There we enjoyed more food, s'mores, root bear floats, fireworks, and time with friends.





All the kids got glow bracelets. Bear pretended hers was a light saber.

Enjoying floats and fireworks




Bug's 1st sparkler!

Bear's 1st sparkler!
 We got home pretty late. After sleeping in a little and running a few errands, we went back to Heather's the next day for a group play date.

successfully worn out

No comments:

Post a Comment