The girls and I celebrated America's 236th birthday by reading The Story of America's Birthday and baking a patriotic cake with sparkler candles.
Next we went to Aunt Debbie's house to spend time with my cousin, Shannon, and her family.
The kids went swimming and helped Gene make lunch. After lunch they enjoyed cake and fireworks floats (cherry 7 up with pop rocks).
In the evening, daddy took us to BBQ at his friend's house in the country.
Kylee made a new friend (they've met before but it has been a couple years) and got to light a firecracker for the first time.
While daddy caught up with some of his old police buddies, the girls and I went on a hayride and played on the porch with Penelope.
Talley (Daddy's friend) and his brother put on a pretty impressive firework show. The girls handled the noise much better than I expected.
No comments:
Post a Comment