I am so behind and not just on blog updates.....on everything! A couple weeks ago was spring break. I didn't pick up my camera once during the break (shameful, I know) and only took a few pictures with my phone.
The girls and I spent the first couple days of the break relaxing at home, sleeping in and playing in the backyard. Then we snuck in a few playdates with friends that we don't get to see often enough, including a couple trips to the refuge visitors center and a play day with Rikki and Charli (who came down all the way from Talequah!). After that, I got sick. Crazy sick. I hardly got out of bed at all for 3 or 4 days. James came over quite a bit to occupy the girls for me.
After spring break, I added an extra day (Thursday) to my work week. Its been quite an adjustment for all of us (we aren't used to having to get up 2, let alone 3 days in a row). Being away from my babies 3 whole days in a row stinks, and I am sort of having a hard time with the idea that I am now a "mostly working mom" (working 60% of the work week) instead of a "mostly stay-at-home mom" (before the break, I worked only 40% of the work week). On the bright side, Makenna really seems to enjoy the extra day with her friends at Miss Linda's house, and I know the socialization is good for her. The extra half day of school is probably good for Kylee too. Plus, with the extra day, I might just be able to catch up on paperwork and stuff at work.
Yesterday grandma took us to see VeggieTales Live. We had a great time! The girls loved it, and I was very impressed with cast. Kylee sat on my lap most of the time. So, I didn't get many pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment