Kylee has been very interested in letters lately. She asks about words and the names of letters all the time. So, I decided to start introducing them to her. The plan is to introduce one at a time and spend about 2 weeks doing activities related to things that start with that letter. Nothing too formal like worksheets or flashcards; just simple crafts and activities that we can do together. I've been trying to remember to take pictures of the things we do so that I can use them later to make her a book for each letter. Here is what we've done so far with the letter 'B'.
We built bugs (Cootie game) and used bug stamps to paint pictures,
bought balloons for Katie's birthday,
read Baby Bat's Lullaby and used Kylee's hands to make black bats,
did a butterfly ballet and danced the Big Bug Boogie,
and played in a bunch of balls in the bed and in the bathtub.
We bent blue pipe cleaners into the shape of 'b', but I forgot to take a picture. We also watched Beauty and The Beast and pretended to be Belle. Kylee really seems to be enjoying everything. She is very proud that she knows what the letter 'B' looks and sounds like.
I found a great series of videos on youtube. Kylee loves singing along and doing the motions. We do the visual phonics sign when we make the letter sound. Here's a link to the B video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVe0XGRdW8

I LOVE all the B stuff (I've started a binder for it, what a surprise) :) Can't wait to do this stuff with my girls!! (Kylee REALLY seems to be getting it!)
ReplyDelete