I'm embarrassed to admit.....I never realized what day Mardi Gras takes place. Mardi Gras has always had a very negative connotation to me. I've always thought of it as just an excuse for people to get drunk, go nuts, and see boobs. Consequently, I've never paid much attention to it. Turns out, Mardi Gras always occurs on Fat Tuesday (the day before Ash Wednesday), and most of the celebration is actually family friendly (according to the Mardi Gras web page). It's pretty much the last big hurrah of carnival season before its time to sacrifice for lent.
So, this year, for the first time ever, the girls and I talked about Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, and the upcoming season of lent. Then the girls each made their own Kings Cake.
Now we have one more thing to celebrate each year! We like to celebrate everything at our house. Did I mention how completely stupid I feel for not knowing this before? Oh well. Happy Mardi Gras!
CUTEST MARDI GRAS PRINCESSES EVER! I love that the 4th one up looks like Kylee is licking Mak's hair!
ReplyDelete