Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bug Turns 4

Yesterday Kylee turned 4! Kylee is a princess every day, but for her birthday, she wanted to be a snow princess. 

Kylee asked every day last week if it was her birthday yet. Yesterday she came skipping out of her room exclaiming "It's today isn't it!?! Today's my birthday, right?" The balloons hanging in her doorway must have given it away. :)

I let Kylee pick out her dress for the day. Then, I gave her a few tasks to do to earn her cloak, wand, and tiara. First she (and her lovely assistant) rescued a pair of baby penguins that were stuck in a block of ice. Next, she caught fish to feed a hungry walrus. Finally, she found a lost polar bear and returned him to his home (the playroom).






Her official party isn't until next Saturday. However, we invited a few local family members over cake yesterday since daddy, grandpa, and Aunt Michelle have to work next weekend. Auntie Vickie made Kylee a very pretty, extremely delicious cake!


















 Kylee even got a present from mother nature - gorgeous, 70 degree weather!




The girls were such sweet sisters yesterday! Kylee shared everything with Makenna, and Makenna sung "happy, happy day" to Kylee throughout the day! They spent most of the afternoon playing with Kylee's new makeup (from mommy) and  vanity (from grandma).




They also spent some time playing with Kylee's collection of dogs (from Aunt Michelle) before we went to grandma's for dinner. 


The years are going by way too fast!!! I can't believe my baby girl is four!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So many things to say here... first I hate the first picture. Kylee (in all the other pics) really didn't look like she had aged (unlike Makenna) but in the first picture here, she might as well be running off to college she looks so grown up!

    Beautiful cake!!!!

    Does she like the vanity at all?? I can't tell ;)

    ReplyDelete