Challenge: To create a bird themed bedroom (per Kylee's request) fit for a princess (because she truly believes she is one) and to turn it from a room for one into a room for two
The beds are on the lowest setting. They have several height positions so that they can grow with the girls. I love that! I also love how sturdy they are.
I picked out a few bedtime worthy board books (mostly the lovey dovey ones) for the shelf by Makenna's bed. The Sandra Boynton ones are in the birdhouse between the beds, and the rest are in the playroom.
The gutter shelves hold some of our more girlie books. The bins below each hold one of Kylee's favorite collections of books (Munsch, Little Critter, Dr. Seuss, & Spot).
The signs (as well as the painting above the gutter selves) were custom made. The middle sign says "We asked for a daughter. God sent a princess." Its a lot easier to read in person.
My cousin, Chellie, suggested drawing inspiration from the book Princess Sparkle (similar concept to Rainbow Fish). It's hard to see in the picture, but I added clear rhinestones to all the flowers.
The wall hangings pictured above are growth charts that my mom found. I got one for each girl so that I can put them in their keepsake boxes with their baby books. The shelf has our bear and lama books, along with a few other favorites. The rest are on a shelf in the girls' closet.
Makenna seems to love everything about the room, especially her "pincez" (princess). She was so excited when I put the birds one the wall.
Kylee was a little unsure of the beds when they were first delivered (apparently new mattresses smell a little funny), but now that its all put together (and smelling of French lavender), she loves it! She tells just about everyone we see about her "beautiful princess bed".
LOVE LOVE LOVE these! This room very much looks fairy tale! It looks even better than I thought it was going to... just one thing I don't love... Mak looks WAY too grown up again. You NEED to tell her to stop that :) I love this room, it's REALLY beautiful! (and very fit for your princesses)
ReplyDelete(also love the bins under the bookshelf, I wouldn't have thought to do that but it looks great)
ReplyDelete