Friday, August 19, 2011

Children's Corner

 Beginning next Wednesday, Kylee will be going to preschool for half a day, 2 days a week.  I emailed a friend whose son went to the school last year. Here is what she said:

" I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! The teachers are great and the kids learned so much! The director is great with the kids and will be very friendly once you get to know her.  I actually cried when he had to leave the school."

Today the whole family went to Open House. Kylee got to play in the classroom, and we got to meet her teacher, Ms. Jodi. As excited as I am about the program, I am also nervous. Kylee is excited, but I suspect she will have the first day jitters. I would be surprised if tears aren't involved. I know it will be a good experience for her and that she will eventually love it; I just hope the adjustment period isn't too long. I hope she isn't too shy to tell the teacher when she needs to use the restroom. I hope she doesn't throw fits when its time to clean up or when the block center is full. I am glad we are taking this baby step (2 half days a week) before diving into 5 (probably half) days a week next year.

Anyways, here is Kylee on our way to meet her teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment