Last week Alycia and her girls drove all the way up from the Dallas area to spend my 30th birthday with me. Since my birthday happens to fall on International Mud Play Day, we filled Makenna's little pool with mud (store bought pesticide free, worm free mud......which Alycia makes fun of me about) and let the girls go to town!
Later I had dinner and cake at my mom's house with the family.
When it got dark Alycia and I (and the girls, of course) continued the celebration with a glow party! We (and by we, I mean Alycia) put glow in the dark balloons and glow sticks throughout the play area in the backyard, set up a glowing water blob, and carved a glowing Ninja Turtle (Michelangelo per Kylee's request) out of a watermelon. The girls also got glowing necklaces to wear and glowing juice to drink.
While the rest of the gang partied into the night, sweet Carrie got some beauty sleep.
I am ashamed to admit I did not quite make it through my 30 Before 30 list. I did not find the time sew something. I got wine but have yet to remember to buy a corkscrew, and as entertaining as Veggietales and Elmo Live were, they don't quite qualify as musicals (at least not in the way that I intended when making the list). 27/30 isn't too bad, right? 90% is still an 'A', and I still plan on finishing those last 3 by the end of the summer.
In case you are wondering about gifts (and because I feel like bragging), here is what I got from.....
Robert: iPad2, purple case, & screen protectors
My brother: Season 1 of Big Bang Theory
My Sister: Hello Kitty Vans
My Mom: 2 pre-school science experiment books, a BUNCH of really cool (and by cool I mean fun & dorky) kitchen/cooking accessories, & an Amazon gift card, which I used to buy a foot spa & more fun kitchen stuff
Rikki: Amazon gift card (used toward the purchase of a Hello Kitty mani/pedi kit)
Vickie: 2 small stars tattooed on my wrist
Alycia: 14k gold earrings & 2 holes in my ear
Thanks for the pictures, Alycia (2 or 3 are from my phone, but she took the rest)! And for coming up to party with us!
What did you do for number 29 on your list... just curious??
ReplyDeleteLoved coming up to see you guys! I Just watching M on the blob was so worth the trip. The rest was just icing on the cake!
ReplyDelete