Last year we spent Earth Day with the Woolsey girls. We had so much fun that we decided to make it a tradition. This year they drove all the way up from the Dallas area to hang out with us! Just like last year, we started the day with a picnic near Lost Lake.
After that we went to the refuge visitors center. It amazes me that the girls never get tired for that place.
Next we stopped for ice cream on the way back to our house.
We had quite a few other ideas, but the day went by so fast. We didn't have time for the rest. I guess we will just have to save those for next year. :)
After they left, the girls and I read a couple Earth Day books and watched the Earth Day episode of Sid The Science Kid. We picked up trash that had blown into the backyard and talked about other things we could do to help the Earth.
I really can't wait to come up and see you guys again!
ReplyDelete