Tuesday, September 6, 2011
1st Day of Preschool
A couple weeks ago, Kylee had her first day of preschool. We spent the week reading books (like Llama Llama Misses Momma, Hooray for Preschool Day, The Kissing Hand, and The Night Before Preschool) to help prep her for the big day. I just knew there would be tears, but we (yes, we) did great! She was so excited when I dropped her off; she went right to her teacher. I was all ready to give her a 'kissing hand' and mini speech reminding her how much I love her and how much fun she was going to have, but I was barely able to get in a hug before she was in the classroom ready to paint!
Despite trying to distract myself with good company and a little shopping, I worried about her the whole time. However, I didn't cry or mope. So, I think I did pretty good. :)
The first thing her teacher said when I came to pick her up was "She is just so sweet!" Ms. Jodi also said that "She did absolutely wonderful!" Kylee reported that she liked school and stated "I cried a little bit on Ms. Jodi's shoulder, but I mostly played and had fun." We celebrated a successful first day with a trip to Nations of Fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yay Kylee!! She looks so grown up!
ReplyDelete